Monday, April 28, 2014

Vintage Cabinet Reveal

It's what's on the inside that counts. Right?

This vintage glass-front cabinet was one of the first pieces I found for the shop. I painted it with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Boxwood and finished it with hemp oil. It has just minor chipping and distressing.


He's a handsome fella...but, hasn't drawn much attention since we've opened. I decided to add a little surprise to the inside (it was a little dark and dreary). I enlisted the help of our Facebook fans and got great suggestions (lots of people wanted to see the inside orange or a bold pattern). I opted for a coat of MMSMP in Grain Sack to brighten it up. I painted over a selection of vinyl arrows (I'm loving arrows right now, aren't you?).

Vintage Cabinet by Red Door Furniture Co.


I love how it turned out! Just the right bit of personality to dress him up. I gave it a light sanding to distress the back and arrows a bit.

Vintage Cabinet by Red Door Furniture Co.

He blends in more with our style and has been getting more attention. We thought about taking him home. I've got the perfect spot and think it would make for a great display for cocktails, glasses and barware.

He's going to stay in the shop a bit longer...hopefully someone will walk in and fall in love with him like I have!

Vintage Cabinet by Red Door Furniture Co.

2 comments:

  1. Love the arrows for a inside surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Love it, and imagining all the great display ideas it inspire!

    ReplyDelete